Another successful show weekend in the books. On January 29th we traveled to Leominster, Ma where we set up shop for another expo at the DoubleTree by Hilton. After having a crazy weekend a few weeks before at our January 9th Twin River expo, the team and vendors were excited for this smaller scaled show. Vendors had a one day setup which meant all hands on deck bright and early Sunday morning. That being said, huge thank you to the DoubleTree staff for making our expo go off without a hitch. This DoubleTree location underwent a huge renovation a few years ago, and it had guests oohing and aahing as they walked into registration.
Lines started to form around 10:45 and once our show doors opened at 11 it was planning time. A Touch of Class DJ’s and Gray’s Limousine were the first booths guests saw as they walked in, and they were not disappointed. Take a look at this fun bar table Gray’s brought. A Touch of Class grabbed guests attention with their “magic mirror”. Along with the selfie taking mirror, A Touch of Class provides anything and everything when it comes to entertainment. Lighting, video displays, photo novelties, photography/videography and more! The staff at A Touch of Class will make your wedding day come alive and will cater to any need. Learn more about their services at http://www.atocweddings.com
As guests walked further down the hallway they were treated with some popular veteran vendors including Aunty Ellen’s Creative Confections and Windmill Florist. Aunty Ellen’s always brings a crowd with her tiered free cupcake display and a wide variety of decorated cakes. One thing that separates Aunty Ellen’s from the rest is how versatile she can make any cake. Whether you want something traditional in style, a cake for the groom, or something that’ll suit dietary restrictions, the team at Aunty Ellen’s does it all!
A few booths down was Windmill Florist, but guests could see them from across the venue! Beautiful blooms in all colors, styles and sizes brought in quite the crowd. Windmill Florist also designed all the arrangements in our fashion show, in case you saw any boutonnieres or bouquets modeled.
Our veteran vendors always bring in the crowds, but some of our new vendors were just as much of a hit! Jak’s Initial Loft was exhibiting with us for the first time, but brides were definitely raving about their products. Jak’s Initial Loft will personalize and monogram anything from clothes, accessories, jewelry and more. They showcased some of their monogrammed bride and bridesmaids silk robes which make for a great gift to wear on your wedding day. Follow them on Facebook to see some more detailed work.
Overall, we could not be more pleased with our Leominster show. Great vendors, staff, and most importantly, guests! For anyone who attended the show this past weekend please reach out with feedback by emailing us at email@example.com or rate us on our Facebook page. The Original Wedding Expo will be back April 9th at Twin River! Come plan your wedding with the best expo around. Tickets available for all upcoming shows at www.originalweddingexpo.com
As we reflect on our past show we want to first off thank all of our vendors, staff and guests who made our first appearance at Twin River in January a hit! Despite the oh so nerve wracking snowstorm the day before, our team and vendors pulled together a great show. The Original Wedding Expo exhibits at the Twin River Casino Events Center every November and April, but with holiday engagements becoming more and more popular, we thought it was perfect timing to add another show. If you got snowed in the other weekend and couldn’t attend here’s a recap from our January 8th show:
Luke Renchan Entertainment had his “magical mirror” all set up bright and early. This mirror is something you must have at your wedding! If you want to stray away from the traditional photo booth this selfie taking mirror is your next best bet. You can adjust the color settings to match your wedding color palette and pictures just take seconds to print so your guests can take a fun momento home with them to remember your wedding day. Check out Luke Renchan’s website to learn more http://lukesent.com/
We believe all of our vendors bring their absolute best presentations to our expos but here are some that truly knocked our socks off. The Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel has been a regular exhibitor with us and we love seeing how they change up their booth motif every expo. This past November they opted for more of a woodlands theme reception setup whereas this show they used peacock feathers as inspiration. Peacocks you say? Sounds a little strange but they had guests “oohing and ahhing” over their decor. They had us stunned!
Katelyn Webb Beauty is another one of our vendors who always catches the ladies eyes. Katelyn and her team bring full on glitz and glam to every expo with their booth decor and incredible makeup skills. They provide wedding day makeup services, hair, lashes and more! Guests can even get their makeup done as a trial run while at the expo. Check out their beautiful work at http://www.katelynwbeauty.com/
For the crazy weather we had that weekend, each aisle was filled with eager wedding planning couples. Every booth seemed packed but our booth hit of the day goes to Scrumptions, Inc. Intricately designed cakes lined their booth tables and guests were raving about how delicious their cake was. Who doesn’t love free cake?
Thank you again to everyone who made our first January Twin River expo a great one! If you weren’t able to attend we will be back at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Leominster, Ma on January 29th and back at Twin River on April 9th. Tickets are available at OriginalWeddingExpo.com now for both shows. Come plan your wedding with us, The Original Wedding Expo!
Wedding Expos are a fantastic event to help you plan your wedding. Brides can sample foods and cakes, shop for gowns, and win amazing prizes. It’s also a great opportunity to meet with vendors face-to-face and get a feel for their professionalism and personalities. However, for first timers the experience can be overwhelming, and you may not know what to expect.
Here’s what to know before you go: (more…)
We talked to a bride recently that told us she doesn’t attend bridal shows and wedding expos because “she didn’t want to pay to hear a bunch of sales pitches”. We were pretty surprised! Despite the fact that bridal shows are a great way to plan a wedding, many brides have a visual of them being full of gimmecky offers and pushy sales people. What these brides don’t realize is that they’re missing out on great opportunities to help them plan their big day! Here are just a few reasons why you need to attend a bridal show or wedding expo:
- To save money. Lots of vendors offer great deals on show specials and packages. There are quality wedding vendors discounting their services to you anywhere from twenty to fifty percent, just for booking at the show. You can also take advantage of gown, shoe and accessory sales, last minute booking deals, and tons more. In addition to getting a great deal, you also have the opportunity to win some great prizes; just for showing up! Most bridal shows have a grand prize giveaway awarding gowns, cakes, tuxedo rentals, and even all-inclusive honeymoons. Some vendors also offer booth prizes, which can be anything from a gift basket full of goodies, to a free limo rental.
- Talk to the vendors, live and in-person. Meet with bakers, reception hosts, retailers, limousine companies and much more all in one place. Talk with with vendors about their services. Are they pleasant to deal with? Do your personalities click? Could you work well with this person? Answer all of these questions and any others you might have at one time, in one place.
- Try free samples of product. Sure you can shop for wedding cakes online, but can you taste them? Bridal shows and wedding expos are packed with free samples of cakes, cupcakes, hors d’oeuvres and entree offerings. In addition to oodles of food samplings, you can also hear live music from DJs and bands, sit in stretch limos and antique cars, grab free bridal magazines, and get tons of coupons. Hairstylists and makeup artists often provide free consultations on the day of the show, giving brides free makeup and hair trials as well.
- Take the stress out of planning your big day. Your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, not the most stressful. By attending a bridal show or wedding expo, you’ll get tons of helpful planning guides, budget worksheets, catalogs, and great advice from vendors who have been in the business for years. With so many wedding professionals under one roof, you could even plan your whole wedding in just one day! How’s that for easy and stress-free planning?
- Check out the latest trends. Bridal shows and wedding expos always have exciting fashion shows, featuring the hottest trends in the bridal world. Check out the latest gowns for you, your bridal party, and mom, and see what’s in style for tuxedos, floral design, and accessories. In addition to fashion shows, you’ll also be able to see what’s in for favors, centerpieces, photography, and transportation.
- See ideas you never thought of. My favorite part of working for a bridal show producer is that I always learn something new at every show. You can always get great ideas about things you may not have considered yet. You’ll find all sorts of inspiration for personalized ceremonies, creative seating card holders, crafty guest sign-in options, and even charitable donations in lieu of favors. You’ll be sure to see something that you hadn’t considered yet.
- Have fun! Just because you’re on a mission to plan your wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun doing it. Bring your bridesmaids, try on the gowns, get a free up-do, and indulge in some cupcakes. Tell your groom-to-be to tag along, and compete in fun contests to win cool prizes. Ask dad to come along with his credit card (just kidding), and enjoy some father-daughter bonding time. Most bridal shows and wedding expos are hosted in fabulous venues like casinos and hotels, which give you the chance to bring your friends and turn it into a fun filled day with the girls.
If you weren’t convinced to attend a bridal show before you read this post, then we hope we’ve changed your mind. Getting married in New England? Check out these great Wedding Expos happening in the region. Not tying the knot in the Northeast? Use this directory to find an expo near you.
Best of luck with all your wedding plans! 🙂
Photos courtesy of Paul S. Robinson Photography