Grab the girls, throw on some heels, and pop the champagne because it’s time to celebrate. After months of planning there’s nothing more a soon to be bride is excited for than celebrating her soon to be nuptials with her closest gal pals. A bachelorette party should be a night out on the town like no other but how can you as the maid of honor make it a night to remember? Here’s 5 ways to spice up the festivities!
- Winter Wedding? Plan a comfy flannel themed weekend getaway at a Ski Resort. Living in New England these types of trips are a must. Onthesnow.com is a great resource to utilize. The site provides you with weather conditions/updates, lodging information, activities in the area,pricing, and more! So cozy up by the fire, set up a spiked hot chocolate bar, and throw in some of your fave movies!
- Have a fun photoshoot to remember the night/weekend. Harvest paper company on Etsy made great Bachelorette party mugshot signs. Photoshoots like these provide a twist on the traditional bachelorette party and leave everyone with a fun memento to remember the night! Order them here
- LWD. Have all the bridesmaids and maid of honor wear traditional little black dresses while the bride to be braves the night in a LWD!
- Being that Halloween is right around the corner this idea will come in handy for the very soon to be brides! Have the wedding party dress up in red dresses with red horns and the bride in all white with an angel halo. Adds a fun twist on the LBD/LWD scenario. Or if Halloween is the bride’s favorite holiday have every guest dress up in a costume, make vampire inspired drinks like one of our Nearby Nuptial couples did for their halloween themed wedding.
- Winery weekend! Book a trip for the whole squad to take a trip to your local vineyard. Spend the day taking tours, learning about the winery and of course test tasting! Local to New England? In our Fall 2015 Bride & Groom issue we featured some of the top wineries in the area. Read more on which wineries were our top picks!
Bachelorette parties are not necessarily the traditional “go out for drinks and hire a stripper” anymore. Bridal parties are now switching things up and finding unconventional ways to celebrate your friend’s big day. Dare to be a little different, the soon to be bride will appreciate the effort and uniqueness!