We talked to a bride recently that told us she doesn’t attend bridal shows and wedding expos because “she didn’t want to pay to hear a bunch of sales pitches”. We were pretty surprised! Despite the fact that bridal shows are a great way to plan a wedding, many brides have a visual of them being full of gimmecky offers and pushy sales people. What these brides don’t realize is that they’re missing out on great opportunities to help them plan their big day! Here are just a few reasons why you need to attend a bridal show or wedding expo:
- To save money. Lots of vendors offer great deals on show specials and packages. There are quality wedding vendors discounting their services to you anywhere from twenty to fifty percent, just for booking at the show. You can also take advantage of gown, shoe and accessory sales, last minute booking deals, and tons more. In addition to getting a great deal, you also have the opportunity to win some great prizes; just for showing up! Most bridal shows have a grand prize giveaway awarding gowns, cakes, tuxedo rentals, and even all-inclusive honeymoons. Some vendors also offer booth prizes, which can be anything from a gift basket full of goodies, to a free limo rental.
- Talk to the vendors, live and in-person. Meet with bakers, reception hosts, retailers, limousine companies and much more all in one place. Talk with with vendors about their services. Are they pleasant to deal with? Do your personalities click? Could you work well with this person? Answer all of these questions and any others you might have at one time, in one place.
- Try free samples of product. Sure you can shop for wedding cakes online, but can you taste them? Bridal shows and wedding expos are packed with free samples of cakes, cupcakes, hors d’oeuvres and entree offerings. In addition to oodles of food samplings, you can also hear live music from DJs and bands, sit in stretch limos and antique cars, grab free bridal magazines, and get tons of coupons. Hairstylists and makeup artists often provide free consultations on the day of the show, giving brides free makeup and hair trials as well.
- Take the stress out of planning your big day. Your wedding is supposed to be one of the happiest days of your life, not the most stressful. By attending a bridal show or wedding expo, you’ll get tons of helpful planning guides, budget worksheets, catalogs, and great advice from vendors who have been in the business for years. With so many wedding professionals under one roof, you could even plan your whole wedding in just one day! How’s that for easy and stress-free planning?
- Check out the latest trends. Bridal shows and wedding expos always have exciting fashion shows, featuring the hottest trends in the bridal world. Check out the latest gowns for you, your bridal party, and mom, and see what’s in style for tuxedos, floral design, and accessories. In addition to fashion shows, you’ll also be able to see what’s in for favors, centerpieces, photography, and transportation.
- See ideas you never thought of. My favorite part of working for a bridal show producer is that I always learn something new at every show. You can always get great ideas about things you may not have considered yet. You’ll find all sorts of inspiration for personalized ceremonies, creative seating card holders, crafty guest sign-in options, and even charitable donations in lieu of favors. You’ll be sure to see something that you hadn’t considered yet.
- Have fun! Just because you’re on a mission to plan your wedding doesn’t mean you can’t have a little fun doing it. Bring your bridesmaids, try on the gowns, get a free up-do, and indulge in some cupcakes. Tell your groom-to-be to tag along, and compete in fun contests to win cool prizes. Ask dad to come along with his credit card (just kidding), and enjoy some father-daughter bonding time. Most bridal shows and wedding expos are hosted in fabulous venues like casinos and hotels, which give you the chance to bring your friends and turn it into a fun filled day with the girls.
If you weren’t convinced to attend a bridal show before you read this post, then we hope we’ve changed your mind. Getting married in New England? Check out these great Wedding Expos happening in the region. Not tying the knot in the Northeast? Use this directory to find an expo near you.
Best of luck with all your wedding plans! 🙂
Photos courtesy of Paul S. Robinson Photography